A super healthy, light and delicious salad with quinoa, avocado and peppers. This salad is rich in vitamins, tastes amazing and it's perfect for vegans.
Recipe (2 portions)
- 150 gr quinoa
- 100 gr very small broccoli florets
- 1 yellow pepper and 1 red pepper
- 2 avocados (ripe)
- The zest and juice of 2 limes
- 1 fresh ginger
- 1 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Fresh mint leaves
- Salt and pepper
- Add the quinoa in a bowl with cold water and Let it soak for about 5 minutes.
- Discard the water and rinse the quinoa in order to remove its natural coating (saponin) which makes it taste bitter.
- Transfer the quinoa to a pot with boiling water and let it cook for 15-20 minutes.
- While quinoa is cooking, we'll make the salad and dressing (vinaigrette).
- Add the olive oil, the lime zest and juice, the honey (or maple syrup) and 20 grams of grated ginger into a bowl and whisk. Season with salt and pepper. Our salad dressing is ready!
- Cut the peppers, the avocados and the broccoli in small pieces and mix with the salad dressing.
- When quinoa is ready (do not overboil!), drain the water and rinse it to cool it off.
- Add it to the bowl with the salad, mix and add mint leaves (whole or finely chopped). Season to taste and serve 🙂