A weight loss plan for busy women who have limited time for preparing and cooking their meals.
This easy to follow diet consists meals and snacks that are easy to prepare and plan for, as well as suggestions for takeout food. It's ideal for women who work long hours or taking care of a newborn, but want to eat healthy and lose or maintain their weight.
This diet is designed to meet a woman's daily nutritional needs with balanced meals that include servings from all food groups.
By using the diet plan below, you can choose different meals and snacks for each hour of the day.
- It is not a strict diet. The diet plan is flexible and you can use it to lose or maintain your weight.
- If you can find a little time to prepare/cook your food, you'll eat less calories and save money at the same time. The diet plan consists foods and snacks that are easy to prepare.
- You can save time by ordering takeout food suggested in the diet plan.
- You need to be careful with the quantity and the quality of your food.
- Takeout food can be expensive and less healthy than the food you cook.
What you'll eat during the week
Dairy products, eggs, fruits, cereals, bread, energy bars, vegetables, nuts, dried fruits, meat (chicken, pork, fillet steak), fish, seafood, soup, pizza, pasta, brown rice, noodles, mexican food, edamame, chocolate, honey, peanut butter, tahini.
You will eat 1500 to 1800 calories per day (depending on preparing your meals or ordering takeout).
If the amount of 1800 calories seem low (for your height, physical activity etc.), you can increase your daily intake by 100 or 200 calories. You can do this by increasing the quantity of a meal or by adding more snacks.
For reference, some snacks with 100 kcal are:
- 2 crackers or bread crisps
- 1 slice of bread (30 gr)
- Raw vegetables (carrot, celery, cucumber) with 30 grams of low-fat cream cheese (e.g. cottage cheese)
- 2 small dry plums
- 1 low-fat yogurt
Some snacks with 120 kcal are:
- 1 glass of low-fat skimmed milk
- 1 small fruit (e.g. 1 small banana)
- 1 small energy bar
- 30 grams chocolate
If you need to decrease daily calories intake (e.g. because of low physical activity), you should decrease the amount of food from all food groups and not skip meals. For instance, you can have 1 small fruit instead of the juice of 2 fruits.
How many days you should follow the diet
You can follow this diet for as long as you like, in order to lose or maintain your weight. All meals in the plan can be adjusted to suit your daily routine.
How much weight you will lose½-1kg/w
With this program you can lose ½ to 1 kg per week. This rate provides greater fat loss and less muscle mass and/or water loss.
Keep in mind that the loss rate depends on various factors such as age, physical activity, metabolism, dietary addiction and of course, the amount of extra weight you want to lose.
How much it will cost
It depends on how much you're eating out or order takeout food. The more you prepare and cook your food, the more money you'll save.
Let’s get started!
Select a different meal and snack from the lists below to make your own daily menu.
- Breakfast - 300 kcal
- 1 glass of almond milk, 3 tbsp whole grain cereals, 1 orange or grapefruit. Coffee or tea without sugar.
- 1 low-fat yogurt (or Greek yogurt) with 2 tbsp oats, 2 tbsp raisins or cranberries and 1 small banana. Coffee or tea without sugar.
- 2 whole wheat toasts with peanut butter or tahini and honey. 1 apple. Coffee or tea without sugar.
- Scrambled eggs (or 2 hard boiled eggs) with a small piece of cheese and 1 toast. Coffee or tea without sugar.
- 4 tbsp unsweetened muesli with skimmed milk and 1 apple.
- Snack - 150 kcal
- 15 almonds and 1 small banana.
- 1 cereal or protein bar.
- Lunch - 500-800 kcal
If we are at work and we need to order takeout food (800 kcal)
- Noodles with vegetables and hot sour soup.
- Steamed, roast or stir-fried chicken, pork, fillet steak or seafood with stir-fried vegetables.
- Your favorite salad with oily fish.
- Minestrone, vegetable or lentil soup. 2 slices of whole grain grain bread.
- Pasta Arrabiata or primavera.
- Grilled kebab with yogurt or tomato based sauce.
- 2 slices of pizza with vegetables toppings like spinach, onions, tomatoes, mushrooms and herbs.
- A sandwich with chicken or turkey, cheese and vegetables.
- A corn tortilla filled with chicken or beans. Mexican rice.
If we have time to prepare our lunch and take it with us (500 kcal)
- Chicken or turkey breast without skin. Our favorite salad with olive oil.
- Tuna sandwich on whole wheat bread. 1 banana.
- An omelette with vegetables. 1 slice of whole grain bread.
- Grilled salmon with 1 cup wild rice.
- A fruit salad with yogurt. 2 oatmeal biscuits.
- Snack - 200 kcal
- A smoothie.
- 1 protein of cereal bar.
- 2 whole wheat crackers with cottage cheese (2 tbsp).
- 30 grams dark chocolate with 15 nuts.
- Dinner - 350 kcal
- 100 gr tuna steak with stir-fried broccoli and 2 tbsp olive oil.
- A salad with cucumber, beans and bean sprouts, cabbage and thin strips of chicken.
- Fruit salad with Greek yogurt and a handful of nuts.
- Steamed soy beans (edamame) with 1 slice of toast.
- An omelette with mushrooms and peppers. A small piece of your favorite cheese.
- Vegetable soup and 1 apple.
- 1 cup brown rice and 100 gr oily fish.
- 100 gr sardines on 1 slice of toast. Green salad with 1 tbsp olive oil.
Tips & suggestions
- Try to consume foods that are high in protein, fiber and complex carbohydrates. Whole grain cereals, organic dairy and nuts, are very healthy if chosen wisely.
- Avoid the processed foods section in supermarkets. Prefer fresh fruit, lean meat, green vegetables, eggs and organic foods.
- When you skip meals you lose energy, are tempted to snack unhealthily and end up bingeing the next time you eat. For these reasons, skipping meals leads to eating more calories, not less.
- Try to drink enough fluids during the day. Dehydration can affect your mood, concentration and energy levels.
- Avoid drinking too much alcohol or too often, as it can easily decrease or even halt your weight loss.
Prefer wine (e.g. dry white wine), champagne and spirits on ice or with soda wherever possible. Always have a glass of water on the side, along with your drink.