This is a very tasteful, simple and healthy salad. It is quick and easy to make.
Recipe (Serves 2)
- 2 medium ripe tomatoes.
- 1 medium red onion , peeled.
- 1 cucumber.
- 1 green pepper.
- 1 large handful black olives.
- A block of feta cheese (100gr).
- 4 tablespoons good-quality Greek extra virgin olive oil.
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar.
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano.
- 1 tbsp of dried capers.
- Thinly slice the tomatoes. Put them into a large salad bowl.
- Slice the onion very finely so it’s thin and add to the tomatoes.
- Cut the cucumber into thick slices.
- Deseed your pepper, slice it into rings and add them to the salad along with the cucumber.
- Add the olives, the capers, a pinch of salt, and the vinegar.
- Toss everything together with your hands.
- Add the block of feta right on the top of the salad. Sprinkle the oregano over it and drizzle with extra virgin oil.
Enjoy your meal!