We'll make protein bars with peanut butter and oats, that require no cooking at all. It's a perfect snack for most diets and an ideal choice for those of us who work out and like being physically active. Each bar has 275 calories and we can eat it as snack or light meal. The bars are easy to make, require very little time and they'll cost way less than the ones you find in stores. They'll be way healthier too 😉
Regarding the protein powder I used in this recipe, I went for high quality vanilla-flavored whey protein powder without any artificial sweeteners. If you're interested on which brand I got, send me a message.
Keep in mind that these bars will keep us satiated and full of energy for hours.
Recipe (8 bars)
- 340 gr. oat flakes.
- 116 gr. whey protein powder.
- 85 gr. peanut butter.
- 100 ml water.
- Put the oat flakes in a blender (or food processor) and roughly break them down into a coarse powder.
- In large bowl, mix the peanut butter with water.
- Add the protein powder to the peanut butter and water and mix well.
- Gradually add the oats to the mixture. Add more water if needed while mixing.
- Place the mixture in a baking pan (with parchment paper) and press it with your hands so it becomes evenly flat.
- For topping use a (thin) layer of peanut butter and pour some peanuts on top.
- Place it in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Remove the bar (along with the parchment paper) from the pan and slice it to 8 pieces. That's it!
Source: I found the recipe here.