This is a very tasteful, simple and healthy recipe. It is quick and easy to make with frozen peas, frozen artichoke hearts, potatoes, carrots, fresh herbs and that final touch of lemon juice.
Recipe (Serves 3-4)
- 1 pound of frozen artichoke hearts.
- 1 ½ pounds of frozen peas.
- 1 bunch of fresh dill.
- 3 potatoes, chopped.
- 4 carrots, chopped.
- 2 large onions, chopped.
- ½ cup of olive oil.
- Juice of 2 lemons.
- 3-4 cups of water.
- Salt and pepper.
- In a big pot sauté the onion, the dill, the carrots and the potatoes in the olive oil, until the onion softens.
- Add peas, artichoke hearts, salt, pepper, and water. Stir well. Boil for 30 minutes.
- Turn off heat and add lemon juice.
- Shake the pot, cover, and let sit for 10 minutes before serving.
Enjoy your meal!
Hi, Your Mediterranean diet sounds awesome. I'd like some clarification on the quantities of the vegetables and omelettes we can have. Can you please let me know how much of the artichokes and stuffed vegetables we can eat in this diet? Also for Tuesdays, the diet says we can have an omelette. Can you clarify how many eggs and vegetables are we allowed in this diet?
You can eat as many of vegetables as you like, but have in mind that the goal is to feel full, satisfied and full of energy! Be careful of the olive oil you use! Eat slowly, and enjoy the taste! Stop when you feel full! the quantities depends on your weight, metabolism, age and of course your health! Observe your hunger! If you feel like eating the same food for two days in a row go for it!!! Follow your own hunger and needs! Omelettes are excellent choice, you can eat them everyday, eat an egg yolk and as many of egg whites you like! If you have any other questions feel free to comment or send me an email!