This is a very tasteful, simple and healthy recipe. It is quick and easy to make.
Recipe (Serves 2)
- ½ cup of dried black-eyed peas.
- 3-4 finely chopped fresh onions.
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley.
- 4 red sweat peppers.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil.
- 2 tablespoons vinegar.
- 1 tablespoon mustard.
- 1 tablespoon honey. If you are a vegan use 1 tbsp maple syrup.
- 1 teaspoon curry powder.
- Salt and pepper.
- Boil the black eyed peas for 30 minutes (anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour, depending on how old the peas are).
- When the black eyed peas are done, pour them into a colander and spray them with cold water.
- Boil the red peppers for about 20 minutes. Chop them.
- In a large bowl add the black eyed peas, the finely chopped onions, the fresh parsley and the peppers.
- In a glass mix the olive oil, the vinegar, the mustard, the honey (or the maple syrup) and the curry powder. Stir the ingrendients well.
- Finally pour the vinaigrette sauce in the large bowl with the black eyed peas and mix!
Enjoy your meal!