We'll make an awesome chocolate from scratch and serve it with fruits (banana, orange, kiwi, pear or whatever your heart desires). This chocolate is healthy, tasty and extremely easy to make (it basically makes itself) and it'll satisfy your sugar cravings, without the sugar!
The recipe can be easily adapted to vegan by replacing honey with maple syrup.
Ingredients (2-4 portions):
- 30 gr cocoa powder
- 30 gr melted coconut oil
- 80 gr honey or maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla (powder or extract)
- 20 ml almond or regular milk
- Salt, cayenne pepper or/and chili powder
- Your choice of fruits
Total time is 5-10 minutes!
- Place the coconut oil in a small bowl or cup. Coconut oil is usually in solid form, so melt it in the microwave oven or using a stovetop if you need to.
- Combine the melted coconut oil with the honey or maple syrup.
- Add the vanilla, the cocoa powder and the milk (almond milk works really well) and stir until it gets thick.
- Add a small pinch of salt, a tiny pinch of cayenne pepper and optionally a tiny pinch of chili powder.
- Stir until everything is well blended. If the mixture looks like a chocolate, then it is a chocolate. Bravo! You made it 🙂
- Cut your fruits (we used banana, orange, pear and kiwi) into small bites and place them in a large plate or bowl.
- Pour the chocolate over the fruits or serve it in its own bowl.
You can keep the chocolate in the fridge if you want (hardened chocolate tastes great too!)